The TiM Team has been hard at work pushing fixes and new features! Check out what's new below.
As always, you can feel free to submit any thoughts, feedback, or ideas for new functionality to email@example.com. Thank you if you've submitted your ideas already!
What's new in TiM - Fall 2020
(Outlines issues resolved in v. 1.32, 1.31, 1.30, 1.29, 1.28, 1.27, 1.26)
The 2021 W-4 is here!
TiM automatically updated the W-4s in every Template throughout the system; Admins didn't need to do a thing!
- All TiM crew users are being notified about the new 2021 W-4 at login, with the suggestion that they review their stored default W-4 info.
- For more information, check out our blog post and the W-4 Help section.
"Institution Number" is now a Smart Field for Canadian Templates!
Canadian direct deposit forms require the employee to provide an Institution Number.
- This field is now available in the Builder under "Personal Fields."
Pro Tip: If you're building a direct deposit form, check with us first! Chances are, we already have the form you need available as a TiM Template!
- For more info, see: Pre-built forms available in TiM
End Date and Resident State(s)/Province(s) are now included on the Crewlist Report!
The Crewlist Report will now include End Date and Resident State/Province information.
- Resident State/Province information is sorted by country, so you can get a whole picture view of where each crewmember is from.
Users who have Approve Startwork as: Startwork Gatekeeper Permission or Edit: Startwork Templates Permission now have Edit: Production Info Permission by default.
If you grant someone Approve Startwork as: Startwork Gatekeeper Permission or Edit: Startwork Templates Permission, the checkbox next to Edit: Production Info will be auto-selected.
- This default supports workflows down the line, to allow Gatekeepers and those editing Startwork Templates to add or revise Work States within Production Info.
Thank you so much if you caught and reported any "technical weirdness" in our system, and for your patience as we worked to resolve these issues. We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!
- Some users had seen a message that their I-9 needed to be verified, when it had already been verified. I-9 related messages will now only appear as necessary.
- The Master Approval Pipeline was auto-refreshing every 7 seconds, which cleared out record selections.
- The Rate Guide was saving empty values as "0" which is inaccurate in most cases! Now you can add only the details you need for your workflow.
- For more info, see: Setting up your Rate Guide
- Invite Reminder email notifications had "Job Change" in the subject line, which was confusing! The subject line now reads, "Reminder to complete your Startwork for [Project Name]!"
- The dimensions of PDFs exported from the system were big, which was causing printing issues for some production teams. PDFs are now scaled to US letter size (8.5" x 11").
- If users tried to batch export Startwork without entering an email address, the popup would freeze. Now you just get a little message reminding you to enter a valid email address.
- If a Gatekeeper Signature Field was marked to only collect a signature for Above Scale employees, Startwork for other employees was prevented from being approved by the Gatekeeper.
- This was a weird one - Users who entered "0" in Section 3 of their W-4 Viewer could not select a Bank Account type when completing bank info for direct deposit.
- Reports of site slowness. There were a few days this fall where the TiM site severely slowed down and impeded your processes! We responded quickly to resolve these performance issues, and have pushed new functionality to avoid these issues going forward.