Packets published at the Company level are available to be used for any projects within that Company. In order for a Company-level packet to be available to employees at the Project level, the Company-level packet must be pulled and inserted into Doorway packets, aka Project-level packets.
Company-level packets are made up of already built and published Company-level forms. If your Company forms are thoroughly built, chances are the only thing you'll need to do to build a Company-level packet is determine in which order the forms should be arranged.
** Before you build any Company-level packets, make sure you've thoroughly built and published your Company-level Forms first. **
Really. It's so much easier to build packets once your forms are built and published! So much easier. It will save you a ton of time later if you make sure your forms are perfectly built so you can just insert them into packets.
Step 1. 'Build a Packet'.
- Go to your Company Account dashboard by selecting “Company Account” at the top of the page.
- If you control more than one Company, select the Company where you’d like your custom forms to be archived.
- Click “Company Forms”. This will take you to your Company Forms library.
- Click “Build a Packet”. This will take you to Template Build.
Step 2. Pull and Insert Forms from your Company library.
Once forms are built and published at the Company level, they are available to insert into packets both at the Company level and at the Project level.
- At the top of the Template Build screen, enter a name for your Company Packet in the field provided.
The name of your packet should be something like "Union Packet" or "Non Union Loan-Out Packet", so the packet can be easily identified, and widely used between multiple projects.
- Move to area “1. Build Packet”. From the first dropdown menu, choose what category of form you want to insert into this packet. You can choose from your own forms library, or choose from TiM's library of standard and commonly used forms.
If you want to insert a Company form that you've already built and published, choose the category "[Your Company] Forms".
NOTE: If you built a Company Form, but do not see it listed in the drop down, make sure the form has been Published.
- From the second dropdown menu, choose the type of form you want to insert.
- Consider the sequence that these forms will appear to an employee.
To determine the order of forms within your packet, select "Before" or "After" from the toggle menus, and the related page.
NOTE: Make sure you carefully consider in what order your forms will appear. After forms are inserted, they can only be moved using the arrow buttons, one page at a time, one move at a time. There is no 'drag and drop' functionality, and no way to select or move multiple pages at a time.
For example: If you insert a 15-page form in the wrong place, you'll have to move all 15 pages, one at a time, to their correct spot.
- Click "Insert. Your forms will appear in the Build Packet area, in the order you specified.
- Check settings are correct in area “2. Settings for Current Page”, and fields are correct in area 3. “Add Fields/Markups”.
If your Company forms have been thoroughly and properly built, you may not need to add or edit any settings or fields. But, it's always good to double check to make sure your packet is exactly right.
If any pages need to be edited, STOP. Consider:
It is best practice to edit forms before they are inserted into packets. If you edit this form here, those changes will only exist within this packet. If you insert the form in another packet, the changes will not have transferred and you'll have to make those same edits again. Instead, edit the form within itself, and then insert it into this packet, to ensure you only need to edit the form once.
- Click “Save and Test” at the top of the page to save your work and preview your packet.
- Click “Save and Exit” at the top of the page to save your packet and be sent back to the Company Forms page.
- Click “Publish”, the orange button to the right of your packet name, to make this packet available for use in all of this company's productions.
You will know your packet is fully published when you see "Published" written in bold black letters.
NOTE: Before you publish, make sure your packet is exactly right (if applicable: approval signature fields added, tags and viewing permissions set). Once published, this packet will be available to be inserted at the project level and any edits made to this packet after it is published will not be reflected in packets already submitted for approval.
- Once your Company-level packet is published, it will be available to be inserted at the project level.
If you have any further questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org