A Special Packet is a packet that contains unique forms, or a unique set of forms, and is therefore not a Standard packet.
Project-level Special Packets behave differently than project-level Standard Packets. Once built and published, project-level Standard Packets are auto-matched to employees based on the information selected in their Employee Invite. Project-level Special Packets are not auto-matched and therefore must be manually shared with an employee.
Sharing Special Packets allows you to send an employee a unique startwork packet, or send an employee additional forms or another startwork packet after their original packet is fully approved (fully approved packets cannot be edited or deleted).
Special packets override Standard packets if the Standard packet is not yet fully approved. If your intention is to share additional forms or another packet with the employee, fully approve the employee's original packet before sharing the special packet.
NOTE: The instructions below outline how to share additional startwork documents if an employee's terms of employment are not changing. If the employee's terms of employment are changing (ie: employee is being paid at multiple rates, is being re-rated, or their original startwork was fully approved with incorrect employment details such as job description, rate, or without box/kit & allowances, see: How to initiate a Job Change (terms of employment are changing).
How to build and share a Special Packet:
Step 1. Build your Special Packet.
Special packets can only be shared at the Project level. If you think you'll need to use this packet again for other projects, build the packet within your Company Library first, then pull it down to the Project level.
- Go to Startwork Templates.
- Click the "Special Packets" tab.
- Click “Build a Special Packet”. This will take you to Template Build.
- At the top of the screen, within “Packet Name”, enter a name for your packet so you can identify what it is.
- In area "1. Build Packet", click "Select a category". A dropdown will appear. Select the category of documents you want to include in this packet.
- If you want to insert a whole packet from your Company Library, select "[Your Company Account Name] packets".
- If you want to insert a whole project-level packet, select "[Project name] Templates".
- Once you select a category, a second dropdown menu will appear to the right of the first. From this dropdown, select the forms you want to include in this packet.
- If you want to insert a whole packet, select the type of packet.
- Click "Insert". The document thumbnails will populate in the Builder area.
- Make sure all fields and signatures are applied throughout the packet correctly.
- Click “Save and Exit” when you're done building/testing this packet.
Step 2. Share the Special Packet with the employee.
Special packets must be manually shared with an employee in order to be received. Special packets can only be shared with employees already connected/invited to the project.
- In Startwork Templates, click "Share" to the right of the Special Packet you just built. This will take you to the Share screen.
On the Share screen you will see a list of all the employees on your project, their rate information, and contact information. If you do not see the employee on the Share screen, make sure they've been connected/invited to the project.
- Select the checkbox next to the employee's active employment details (in black text).
NOTE: Do not select any old employment details (that are grayed out).
- Click “Save and Share Packet”. This will send an email to the employee notifying them to login at hellotim.com to review and submit this Special Packet.
NOTE: If the employee does not see the email (sometimes spam filters are super aggressive and don't let our system-generated emails in!), they can always go to hellotim.com and login to connect to their startwork.
FYI: Within the Approval Pipeline, the Special Packet will appear as pending approval, just like any other packet. Notice that the name of the packet appears under the Employee's name and job title. You will also see the original and fully approved startwork packet in the Approval Pipeline.
If you have further questions, contact: email@example.com