Doorway Packets are Project-level packets that will be matched to employees based on the Employment Information selected on their Employee Invite (ie: whether they are Union, Non-Union, Union Loan-Out or Non-Union Loan-Out).
NOTE: It is best practice not to build packets from scratch at the Project level, but rather pull already built and published Company-level packets and insert them at the Project level.
If your intention is to build a Project-level packet from scratch, STOP and consider:
If you go through the effort of building this packet at the project level, it will live within this project only -- it will not be able to be shared with other projects, and it cannot be sent up to the Company level.
Step 1. Choose the type of Doorway Packet to build.
- Go to your Production dashboard.
- Click Startwork Templates. This will take you to the Startwork Type screen.
- On the Startwork Type screen, you will see a list of types of Doorway Packets.
- Choose a Doorway Packet to build by clicking “Create” next to the packet type. This will take you to Template Build.
Step 2. Pull and Insert Full Packets from your Company library.
Once packets are built and published at the Company level, they are available for use at the Project level. If you are trying to build and publish project-level packets and you see that no Company packets have been published, STOP. It is best practice to build and publish packets at the Company level first, to avoid extra work later. Go to your Company Forms and build your packet there first!
NOTE: You cannot custom name Doorway Packets
At the top of the Template Build screen, under “Packet Name”, you will see that your packet has already been named. You cannot custom name a Doorway Packet, because they are assigned algorithmically to match the Employment Details selected in the Employment Invite.
- Move to area "1. Build Packet". From the first dropdown menu, choose the category "[Your Company] Packets".
NOTE: If you see that no Company packets are available, it means your Company level packets have not been built or published.
- From the second dropdown menu, choose the type of packet that matches this Doorway packet name.
- Click "Insert". You will see the pages of your packet populate in the Build Packet area, with all tags and viewing permissions that were pre-set at the Company level.
If necessary, you may insert additional forms that pertain to this project only. Be certain you will only need to use these forms for this project, however, because when you build forms at the Project level, they cannot be shared with other Projects and cannot be sent up to the Company level.
- Double check that all necessary forms, tags, permissions, fields, and signature fields are correct and accounted for in this packet before you publish it / make it available to employees.
- Click “Save and Test” at the top of the page to save and preview your packet.
- Or, click “Save and Exit” at the top of the page to save your packet and be sent back to the Startwork Type screen.
Step 3. Publish the Packet.
- On the Startwork Type screen, click the orange "Publish" button to make this packet available to be matched to employees.
You will know your packet is fully published when you see "Published" written in bold black letters.
NOTE: Packets that are not published will not be available to be filled out. Employees can still be invited to a production even if packets are not published yet. If an employee is invited, but their packet is not published yet, they will see a note in their TiM account that reads “Your start work is not ready to be filled out”. Once the packet is published, employees will receive a message that says “Your start work is now ready to be filled out!”
If you have any further questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org