If the system is telling you your phone number is in use, it means a TiM Account is already registered to that phone number. In other words, you've already signed up with TiM and there's no need to sign up again!
To resolve, go to the TiM login screen and try a different email address to log in.
Please review the troubleshooting tips below, and feel free to contact TiM Support for assistance. This is a common issue that TiM Support can quickly resolve.
PLEASE DO NOT:
- Please do not enter a fake or incorrect phone number to bypass sign up.
- Your phone number will flow onto your Startwork so if you use a fake phone number, that misinformation will populate onto your documents.
- Please do not create another TiM Account.
- Each person using TiM should have only one TiM Account, so Startwork and Projects can be managed via a single login.
- Please do not sign up using an office phone number. Use your cell phone number instead.
Your office line may be yours for now, but if you move offices, someone else might take over that phone line. You can choose to hide your personal email and phone number from Project Crew Lists to keep this private.
- Try logging in with an old production-provided email address.
- Try logging in with an old personal email address.
- If you have a Gmail address that includes a period, try entering it without a period. (Gmail allows users to log in with or without periods, TiM does not.)
To avoid this issue in the future, once you've logged in you can update your login credentials from Account Settings, and add other email addresses as Alternate Email Addresses so all TiM-related messages are funneled to your sole TiM Account.