What is a Job Change?
If an employee's Primary Startwork Packet is already Fully Approved and their terms of employment change, you can document the new terms of employment in TiM by initiating a three-step process called a Job Change. The end result of a Job Change is an additional set of paperwork, signed and submitted by the employee, which reflects these updated Employment Details and that you can provide to the Payroll Company to ensure they're in the loop on the change.
NOTE: If an employee is working in multiple roles (for example, they are a Boom Op. most of the time but work some days as a Sound Mixer), once they complete a Job Change, the employee can bounce back and forth between their original and new roles. You only need one Startwork packet per role.
NOTE: Special Packets can only be shared at the Project level. If you think you'll need to use this packet again for other Projects, build the packet at the Company level first, then pull it down to the Project level.
- Go to Startwork Templates.
- Click the "Special Packets" tab.
- Click "Build Special Packet." This will take you to the Builder.
- At the top of the screen, within "Packet Name," title this packet "Job Change Packet" (or whatever you wish - just make sure you can identify what it is. Suggestions: "Job Change Packet - Union" or "Job Change Packet - Non Union")
- In the "Build Packet" area, click "Select a category." A dropdown will appear. Select the category of documents you want to include in this packet.
- Once you select a category, a second dropdown menu will appear to the right of the first. From this dropdown, select the forms necessary for the employee to complete to undergo this Job Change.
- Click "Insert." The document thumbnails will populate in the Builder area.
- Make sure all Smart Fields, Markups, and Signature Fields are applied throughout the packet correctly.
- Click "Save and Exit" when you're done building/testing this packet. This will take you back to Startwork Templates.
- Click "Publish" next to the Special Job Change Packet to make it available to share with employees.
WARNING: Do not share the packet with this employee... yet! Go to Step 2!
Step 2. Edit the employee's Employment Details.
NOTE: If an employee is working in multiple roles, double check in the status column that the employee's original Startwork Packet is Fully Approved. If not, Fully Approve the packet before continuing.
- Go to Crew Management and click "Initiate Job Change" next to the employee’s name. This will show you the employee's Employment Details.
- Edit the employee's Employment Details.
- At the bottom of the screen, click "Initiate Job Change."
- Quick -- Go immediately to Step 3 (You must share the Special Job Change Packet before the employee is auto-matched to a Standard Packet).
Step 3. Share the Special Job Change Packet with the employee.
You must share the Special Job Change Packet with the employee after editing the employee's Employment Details to successfully match them to their Job Change Startwork.
NOTE: Special Packets behave differently than Standard Packets. Once built and published, Standard Packets are auto-matched to employees based on the information selected in their Employee Invite. Special Packets must be manually shared with an employee.
- In Startwork Templates, click "Share" to the right of the Job Change Packet you just built. This will take you to the Share screen.
- On the Share screen you will see a list of all the employees on your Project, their rate information, and contact information. Select the checkbox next to the employee's active Employment Details (in black text).
NOTE: Do not select the old Employment Details (they are grayed out).
- Click "Share." This will send an email to the employee notifying them to login at hellotim.com to review and submit this Special Packet.
NOTE: If the employee does not see the email (sometimes spam filters are super aggressive and don't let our system-generated emails in!), they can always go to hellotim.com and login to connect to their Startwork.
Read on to find out how a Job Change appears throughout TiM:
Once an employee undergoes a Job Change, you will see two records for the employee throughout TiM.
In Crew Management, once a Job Change is initiated for an employee, a carrot will appear next to their name. Click the carrot to view each employment record.
Within the Approval Pipeline, once submitted, the Job Change Packet will appear as pending approval, just like any other packet. Notice that the name of the packet appears under the Employee's name and job title. You will also see the original and Fully Approved Startwork packet in the Approval Pipeline.
On the Crew List, only the employee's latest job title will appear.