As described by the USCIS: "E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)... E-Verify... is currently the best means available to electronically confirm employment eligibility."
If your production is participating in E-Verify, someone with "Edit: Production Info" Permissions can activate the "E-Verify Case Created" checklist column in the Approval Pipeline to allow Approvers to manually track which employees have been submitted to E-Verify.
NOTE: TiM is not technologically integrated with E-Verify. Tracking with the "E-Verify Case Created" checklist column is a completely manual process. TiM does not automatically create E-Verify Cases nor does it sync or connect to the E-Verify system in any way.
To activate the "E-Verify Case Created" checklist column in the Approval Pipeline:
- From the Project dashboard, click the gear icon next to Production Info.
- Select "Form I-9 Settings."
- Under "Is this Project/production company a registered E-Verify participant?" select "Yes."
- Click "Save Changes."
- Go to the Approval Pipeline. You will now see an "E-Verify Case Created" checklist column in the Approval Pipeline!
- To track which employees' I-9s have been submitted to E-Verify, simply select the checkmark next to the employee's record.
NOTE: If an employee has multiple records, you only need to select the checkbox next to one; the other record will be selected automatically.