If an employee has submitted their I-9, and you realize at the verification step that the I-9 needs to be corrected, you can use the "Add Text" tool to apply minor corrections.
How to correct an I-9 at the verification step:
- Click the red "Verify I-9" button.
- At the top left of the screen, select "Add Text."
- A text edit box will appear that says "Type text here". Enter the correction text.
- Click and drag to position the correction on the I-9.
- Pro Tip: Add "XXXXX" to cross out information (see image below).
- The correction will appear in blue font.
NOTE: There is a log of logic built into Form I-9 within TiM. Do not upload a PDF of Form I-9 as a Special Packet. Click here to learn why.