If an employee has already submitted their I-9 but you realize you don't need it (because they are switching to a Loan-Out or maybe you already have one on record for this employee), you can "shred" the I-9 in TiM to clear the I-9 from the employee's record.
NOTE: Once an I-9 has been verified in TIM, the I-9 cannot be deleted.
How to "shred" an I-9 in TiM:
- Click the red "Verify I-9" button.
- A pop-up will appear. Select "Continue to Verify."
- At the top left of the screen, click the gray "Shred this I-9" button.
- Follow the prompt to enter "Shred this I-9" exactly how it appears in the prompt (this is a security precaution, to ensure the shred is happening intentionally).
- Select "Continue & Shred I-9."