FAQ’s regarding the W-4 in TiM
With the enactment of the federal Tax Cuts and Jobs Act in December 2017, the IRS released a revised Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate (Form W-4) on January 1, 2020, and another revision on January 1, 2021. TiM has built new functionality to support the changes.
- How is the W-4 different since a new version was released on January 1, 2020?
- What if an employee needs to submit a new or revised W-4?
- Will I have to complete a new W-4 each time I submit Startwork in TiM?
- Who needs to submit a 2021 Form W-4?
- What do employees with "EXEMPT" status need to know?
- Why don't I see the W-4 worksheet pages in this packet?