If your workflow requires a roster check and/or safety check be completed for union hires, here's one way you can use TiM to help.
NOTE: Currently, TiM does not have functionality specific to the roster check process. This workflow is only a suggestion and relies on third party tools, so may need to be adapted to your needs.
The workflow below assumes that:
- The findings of a roster/safety check need to be recorded on the Startwork of union hires (where and how may vary by Project).
- The person(s) performing the roster checks do not have access to the Approval Pipeline.
- Your Project's Gatekeeper will be the one responsible for actually recording the findings of the roster checks on the union Startwork within TiM.
Step 1. Go to Crew Management and select "Download Crewlist Report" (available to anyone with "Invite/Manage: Whole Crew" permissions).
- This will export an .xlsx file of all crewmembers currently connected to the Project.
Step 2. Securely hand off the .xlsx to the person(s) in charge of completing the roster/safety checks.
Step 3. That person(s) opens the .xlsx in a spreadsheet application and sorts the crewmembers on the spreadsheet by start date to focus in on a specific set of hires (e.g. 'everyone who started last week'). They note their findings on the .xlsx/use it as a checklist while completing the roster/safety checks.
Step 5. Once the roster/safety checks are complete, the person(s) who completed it securely returns the annotated .xlsx to the Gatekeeper.
Step 6. Working from the notes in the .xlsx, the Gatekeeper applies the relevant roster/safety check notes to the Startwork in TIM using the "Add Text" tool:
- From the Approval Pipeline, select "Review" (packet must be pending Gatekeeper review).
- Scroll down, select "Continue to Startwork."
- Select the page thumbnail for a page that needs roster check indications.
- Select "Add Text" at the top left of the screen. A Text Entry field will appear below in the document viewer.
- Click and drag to position the field and click on the field to enter your note.
- Type "X" if all you need is check a box.
- "Y" and "N" are also common annotations.
- Click "Save Notes" to save your markups.
- Select "Back to Approval Pipeline" to return to the Approval Pipeline.
- Or, if you would like to complete the Gatekeeper Review, click "Sign & Submit" to pass the Startwork on to the Upstream Approvers, which will include the notes you've made.
Please sign in to leave a comment.