The White-Out Box allows you to "white out" parts of a document.
To use the White-Out Box:
- Click "+" to apply the White-Out Box to the document.
- Click and drag to position the White-Out Box on the document.
- Click and pull the lower right corner of the White-Out Box, marked with a gray triangle, to adjust the size of your White-Out Box.
- The White-Out Box will always layer beneath any other Smart Field or Markup, it will never cover any Smart Field or Markup.
- A White-Out Box is not always necessary. If you need a Smart Field to overlay or replace information printed on your PDF, you can hover your cursor over the Smart Field and de-select the checkbox next to "Transparent." This will make the background of the Smart Field white, and "white out" anything underneath the field, without the use of the White-Out Box.
Examples where a White-Out Box comes in handy:
- If you're re-using a form from another Project, but repurposing it for a different Project, you can use the White-Out Box to cover up any old logos or text specific to the old Project.
- If you're creating multiple versions of a form for different types of employees, you can use the White-Out Box to cover up information that isn't applicable to different versions.