The Static Text Tool allows you to apply static text to a document.
To use the Static Text tool:
- Enter the text you need in the space provided that reads, "Type Text Here".
- Click "+" to apply the Static Text to the document.
- Click and drag to position your Static Text on the document.
- To increase or decrease the size of the Static Text, hover your cursor over the applied Static Text and use the "+" and "-" buttons to adjust the font size.
- If needed, hover your cursor over the applied Static Text and de-select the checkbox next to "Transparent." This will make the background of the text white, and "white out" anything underneath the field.
- Use the gray triangle at the bottom right corner of the applied Static Text box to increase the size of the Static Text area (this is helpful if you've made your Static Text non-Transparent and the applied Static Text does not completely cover what needs to be replaced).
How the Static TextTool appears in the Builder:
How the Static Text shown above in the Builder, appears to an employee when submitting Startwork:
Examples where the Static Text Tool comes in handy:
- You realize the PDF you've uploaded contains outdated information. Instead of having to go back and edit the original document, then re-upload the revised PDF to TiM and build the form again from scratch, you can just use the Static Text Tool to overlay the proper information! (see images above)
- If you'd like to add a new prompt to collect information not originally set forth on a form, you can use the Static Text Tool to create that prompt:
Please sign in to leave a comment.