If you are using TiM and processing payroll with Cast & Crew or CAPS, it is recommended for clients to not export Startwork directly from TiM to their paymaster, but rather export the Startwork from TiM to yourself and then upload and submit Startwork via Cast & Crew's Studio+. This method allows C&C and CAPS paymasters to process your Startwork more quickly and accurately!
Step 1. Export Startwork from TiM, to yourself!
- Login at hellotim.com and enter the Project.
- Go to the Approval Pipeline.
- Select the checkmark boxes on the left to indicate which employees' Startwork to send.
- Click the orange "Payroll Company" export button.
- Once you click the export button, a pop up will appear. Within the pop up, choose which Attachments to include in this Batch, if any.
- Under "Email link to:", enter your email address. Do not enter your paymaster's email address. You are going to download the Startwork yourself first!
- Click "Batch It!"
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line similar to, "Payroll forms for [NAME OF PROJECT]".
If you do not see this email in a few minutes, feel free to Contact TiM Support for assistance. Do not keep re-exporting batches! There might be a technical issue at play, which Support can diagnose and resolve.
- In the email, there will be a link to download the Startwork. The email and the link look like this:
- Click "Pick Up your batch here."
- This will open the "Batch Pickup" page that asks you for a Pick Up Code, which is essentially a password.
If you do not know your Pick Up Code, check your Approval Pipeline (see image below). NOTE: Not all Company Accounts need pick up codes, so if you don't see "Pick Up Code" on your Approval Pipeline, no worries- you can skip this. For more information, see: What is a Pick Up Code?
- Enter the Pick Up Code, then select "Validate this code."
NOTE: If you are not prompted to enter a Pick Up Code, that's ok. Not all Company Accounts require it. You can skip this step.
- This will take you to the page to download the Startwork, which looks like this:
- Click the "Download" button, and the files will download to your local device. Depending on your computer and browser settings, you might be prompted to choose a location for the files to be downloaded.
When the PDFs are downloaded, each employee record will be named in the same convention: the employee's name, type of packet, name of Project, and date exported.
John Smith_Non-Union Packet_NameofProject_YYYY_MM_DD_Packet.pdf
Step 2. Upload the Startwork to Studio+
If you need any assistance with Studio+, please contact email@example.com.