If you are using TiM and processing payroll with Cast & Crew, it is recommended for clients to not export Startwork directly from TiM to their paymaster, but rather export the Startwork from TiM and then upload and submit Startwork via Cast & Crew's Studio+. This method allows C&C paymasters to process your Startwork more quickly and accurately!
Step 1. Export Startwork from TiM, to yourself!
- Login at hellotim.com and enter the Project.
- Go to the Approval Pipeline.
- Select the checkmark boxes on the left to indicate which employees' Startwork to send.
- Click the orange "Payroll Company" export button.
- Once you click the export button, a pop up will appear. Within the pop up, choose which Attachments to include in this Batch, if any.
- Under "Email link to:", enter your email address. Do not enter your paymaster's email address. You are going to download the Startwork yourself first!
- Click "Batch It!"
- You will receive an email from email@example.com with a subject line similar to, "Payroll forms for [NAME OF PROJECT]".
If you do not see this email in a few minutes, feel free to Contact TiM Support for assistance. Do not keep re-exporting batches! There might be a technical issue at play, which Support can diagnose and resolve.
- In the email, there will be a link to download the Startwork. The email and the link look like this:
- Click "Pick Up your batch here."
- This will open the "Batch Pickup" page that asks you for a Pick Up Code, which is essentially a password.
If you do not know your Pick Up Code, check your Approval Pipeline (see image below). For more information, see: What is a Pick Up Code?
- Enter the Pick Up Code, then select "Validate this code."
- This will take you to the page to download the Startwork, which looks like this:
- Click the "Download" button, and the files will download to your local device. Depending on your computer and browser settings, you might be prompted to choose a location for the files to be downloaded.
When the PDFs are downloaded, each employee record will be named in the same convention: the employee's name, type of packet, name of Project, and date exported.
John Smith_Non-Union Packet_NameofProject_YYYY_MM_DD_Packet.pdf
Step 2. Upload the Startwork to Studio+
You can only upload your start paperwork, and any other files you want to share with your payroll coordinator to the TO Cast & Crew folder. Your coordinator can view, print, and move these files, but they cannot delete them, and they cannot upload anything to this folder. You can upload files one-by-one or in bulk.
- Double-click into the TO Cast & Crew folder.
- Click Upload in the top left corner to open the Upload window.
- Since you’re already in the TO Cast & Crew folder, it will be bolded, confirming that it is the destination folder for the document.
If you need to change the folder, click one of the folders shown and select the correct folder from the drop-down.
- Upload your files by dragging and dropping into the window, Select a folder, or Select a file from your computer.
- Once you select a file or folder, it will automatically start uploading.
Pro Tip: If you’re uploading multiple files at once, you can close the window and work on other things while it continues to download in the background.
- The circle around the red X indicates the upload process. When the file is finished uploading, it will have a green checkmark. Clicking the green check removes the record from the upload history in the modal.
- You can assign the file to a specific category by clicking the bar next to the file.
- You can also rename the file by clicking the edit icon next to the file name. The name and category can be changed after the upload is complete.
- Close the window when you’re done to view the new file in your folder.