In TiM, once Startwork is submitted, the I-9 must always be handled first, and then you can access the rest of the Startwork packet.
We highly recommend verifying an employee's I-9 ASAP, to ensure the form is verified in a timely manner (per USCIS regulations, an employee's I-9 must be verified within the first three days of employment).
If you are unable to verify the I-9 but want to move forward with editing the employee's Employment Details or matching the employee to a different type of packet, you can shred the I-9 and then select to send the employee a fresh I-9 to submit when they submit their revised Startwork. See steps below.
Note: These steps can only be completed by a user with a combination of Verify I-9 + Approve Startwork as: Startwork Gatekeeper Permissions.
- From the Approval Pipeline, select "Verify I-9."
- A pop up will appear. Select "Continue to Verify."
- Once the pop up clears, at the top left select "Shred this I-9."
- A pop up will appear. Follow the prompt to type "Shred this I-9" into the entry point.
- Note: This prompt is a precaution, to ensure I-9s aren't shredded without a second thought!
- Once the I-9 is shredded, the yellow "Review"button will appear next to the employee's record.
- Select the yellow "Review" button. This will take you to Employment Details.
- At the top of the screen, select "Click here to edit employment details or send back a different packet." This will activate the screen and allow you to make changes.
- Make changes as necessary, ie:
- Edit their Employment Details
- Within the pink "Assign Startwork" area, select to share a different type of packet with the employee
- Edit their Employment Details
- IMPORTANT: DE-select the checkbox next to "Do not include a Form I-9 in this employee's startwork packet." This will ensure that the employee receives a fresh I-9. If the employee does not need to receive an I-9 at all, you can leave the checkbox selected.
- Select "Send Back to Crewmember."
- A pop up window will appear, to allow you to provide context as to why the Startwork is being bounced back.
This text will appear in the email notification the employee receives alerting them that Startwork is pending their submission.
- Click "Continue."
What happens next?
- TiM will automatically notify the employee via email that revised Startwork is pending their submission, and will just need to login and re-sign & submit their Startwork.
- The employee will not need to "start from scratch."
- TiM will retain as much of the information previously submitted as possible (and remain compliant with WTPA regulations), to allow the employee to proceed swiftly to submit the revised Startwork.
- When Startwork is sent back an the employee, the employee's status in the Approval Pipeline changes to "Startwork not yet submitted."
- When Startwork is sent back to an employee, the employee's status in Crew Management changes to "Packet sent back [date], waiting for employee."
- Once the employee re-submits, the Startwork will be available to be reviewed and approved as usual.
- Whenever actions are taken on an employee's record, those actions are recorded in the History section of Employment Details.
Please sign in to leave a comment.