In TiM, once Startwork is submitted, the I-9 must always be handled first, and then you can access the rest of the Startwork packet.
We highly recommend verifying an employee's I-9 ASAP, to ensure the form is verified in a timely manner (per USCIS regulations, an employee's I-9 must be verified within the first three days of employment).
If you are unable to verify the I-9 but want to move forward with editing the employee's Employment Details, you can shred the I-9 and then select to send the employee a fresh I-9 to submit when they submit their revised Startwork. See steps below.
- From the Approval Pipeline, select "Verify I-9."
- A pop up will appear. Select "Continue to Verify."
- Once the pop up clears, at the top left select "Shred this I-9."
- A pop up will appear. Follow the prompt to type "Shred this I-9" into the entry point.
- Note: This prompt is a precaution, to ensure I-9s aren't shredded without a second thought!
- Once the I-9 is shredded, the yellow "Review"button will appear next to the employee's record.
- Select the yellow "Review" button. This will take you to Employment Details.
- At the top of the screen, select "Click here to edit employment details or send back a different packet." This will activate the screen and allow you to make changes.
- Edit the employee's Employment Details as necessary.
- IMPORTANT STEP: DE-select the checkbox next to "Do not include a Form I-9 in this employee's startwork packet." This will ensure that the employee receives a fresh I-9.
- Select "Send Back to Crewmember."
- A pop up will appear. Here you have the option to enter a message to the employee to provide context as to why their Startwork is being bounced back.
- The message will appear in an email the employee receives, along with a link back to their Startwork (similar to the initial Invite they received).
- Click "Continue."
- In Crew Management, the employee's Startwork status will now show as "Packet sent back [date], waiting for employee."
- In the Approval Pipeline, the employee's Startwork status will show as "Startwork not yet submitted."
- The employee will need to login at hellotim.com to re-sign & submit their Startwork (only a few clicks!).