Special Packets are Templates that include a unique set of forms, or a set of forms different than those included in your Standard Packets.
Unlike Standard Packets, Special Packets are not auto-matched to employees. Instead, they must be manually shared with employees as needed.
You can share a Special Packet in addition to a Standard Packet (see steps below), or you can share a Special Packet instead of a Standard Packet. For more detailed instructions, see: How to share a Special Packet instead of a Standard Packet
How to build and share a Special Packet:
Step 1. Build your Special Packet
Building a packet means compiling forms within a Template.
NOTE: Special Packets can only be shared at the Project level. If you think you'll need to use this packet again for other Projects, build the packet within your Company Library first, then pull it down to the Project level.
- Go to Startwork Templates.
- Select "Special Packets."
- Select “Build a Special Packet." This will open the Builder.
- Under "Packet Name," enter an obvious name for your packet.
- Under "Insert Form(s)," select the category of forms you need to insert.
- If you want to insert a whole packet from your Company Library, select "[your Company Name] packets."
- If you want to insert a whole Project-level packet (duplicate a Standard Packet), select "[Project Name] Templates."
- A second drop down will appear. Select the forms you want to insert.
- If you want to insert a whole packet, select the packet name.
- Click "Insert." You will see the inserted pages populate as thumbnails.
- Make sure all Smart Fields, Markups, and Signature Fields are applied throughout the packet correctly.
- Click “Save and Exit” when you're done building/testing this packet.
Step 2. Share the Special Packet
Special Packets must be manually shared with an employee in order to be received. Special Packets can only be shared with employees already connected/Invited to the Project.
NOTE: The instructions below outline how to share a Special Packet in addition to a previously matched packet. If you would like to share a Special Packet instead of a previously matched Packet, go to Crew Management and select "change packet." For more detailed instructions, see: How to share a Special Packet instead of a Standard Packet
- From Startwork Templates > Special Packets, select "Share" to the right of the Special Packet. This will take you to the Share screen.
- If your packet was already built and has been shared before, select "Share with more employees."
On the Share screen you will see a list of all the employees on your Project and their terms of employment. If you do not see the employee on the Share screen, make sure they've been Invited to the Project.
- Select the checkbox next to the employee's name.
- Click “Share." You will see the employee's name move up to the list of employees that have received this packet.
- Once a Special Packet is shared, the employee receives an email notifying them to login at hellotim.com to review and submit the Special Packet.
NOTE: If the employee does not see the email (sometimes spam filters are super aggressive and don't let our system-generated emails in!), they can always go to hellotim.com and login to connect to their Startwork.
Within the Approval Pipeline, the Special Packet will appear as pending approval, just like any other packet. Notice that the name of the packet appears under the Employee's name and Job Description.