A Special Packet is a packet that contains unique forms, or a unique set of forms, that you would like to share with a particular employee rather than Distribute en mass with Non-Union, Union, or Loan-Out employees, and is therefore not a Standard Packet.
Special Packets must be manually shared with an employee.
If you would like to share a Special Packet with an employee instead of a Standard Packet, you can do so within the Assign Startwork area of the Employee Invite, or by clicking "change packet" in Crew Management. If you'd like to share a Special Packet in addition to an employee's original Startwork packet, you can do so from Startwork Templates > Special Packets > Share.
NOTE: If an employee's terms of employment are changing, see: How to initiate a Job Change.
How to build and share a Special Packet:
Step 1. Build your Special Packet.
Special Packets can only be shared at the Project level. If you think you'll need to use this packet again for other Projects, build the packet within your Company Library first, then pull it down to the Project level.
- Go to Startwork Templates.
- Click the "Special Packets" tab.
- Click “Build a Special Packet”. This will take you to the Builder.
- At the top of the screen, within “Packet Name”, enter a name for your packet so you can identify what it is.
- In the "Build Packet" area, click "Select a category". A dropdown will appear. Select the category of documents you want to include in this packet.
- If you want to insert a whole packet from your Company Library, select "[your Company Account name] packets".
- If you want to insert a whole Project-level packet (duplicate a Standard Packet), select "[Project name] Templates".
- Once you select a category, a second dropdown menu will appear to the right of the first. From this dropdown, select the forms you want to include in this packet.
- If you want to insert a whole packet, select the type of packet.
- Click "Insert". You will see the pages of the inserted document populate as thumbnails.
- Make sure all Smart Fields, Markups, and Signature Fields are applied throughout the packet correctly.
- Click “Save and Exit” when you're done building/testing this packet.
Step 2. Share the Special Packet with the employee.
Special Packets must be manually shared with an employee in order to be received. Special Packets can only be shared with employees already connected/Invited to the Project.
- In Startwork Templates > Special Packets, click "Share" to the right of the Special Packet you just built. This will take you to the Share screen.
- If your packet was already built and has been shared before, click "Share with more employees". This will take you to the Share screen.
On the Share screen you will see a list of all the employees on your Project and their terms of employment. If you do not see the employee on the Share screen, make sure they've been connected/Invited to the Project.
- Select the checkbox next to the employee's name.
- Click “Share”. You will see the employee's name move up to the list of employees that have received this packet.
- Once a Special Packet is shared, the employee receives an email notifying them to login at hellotim.com to review and submit the Special Packet.
NOTE: If the employee does not see the email (sometimes spam filters are super aggressive and don't let our system-generated emails in!), they can always go to hellotim.com and login to connect to their Startwork.
FYI: Within the Approval Pipeline, the Special Packet will appear as pending approval, just like any other packet. Notice that the name of the packet appears under the Employee's name and job title.