It is possible in TiM to share additional forms with employees, or to share clean copies of previously submitted forms or packets.
In either case, you will need to build a Special Packet that contains the necessary form(s) and then share that Special Packet with the employee. See instructions below.
Common examples of this type of scenario:
An employee needs to revise their W-4.
- Build and share a Special Packet that includes only the W-4.
NOTE: The W-4 is available as a pre-built TiM Template from the Builder within the category "Government Forms." See image below.
An employee requests a Direct Deposit form.
- Build and share a Special Packet that includes only the Direct Deposit form.*
NOTE: Many payroll companies have retired their direct deposit form, and instead encourage employees to use online portals to sign up for direct deposit.
For example, Media Services and Cast & Crew employees can sign up for direct deposit via the My Cast & Crew portal (link here) instead of submitting a direct deposit form.
Confirm with your payroll company if you should provide a direct deposit form, or direct employees to an online portal!
You've already onboarded several employees, and then your Production Company releases an updated Crew Deal Memo.
- First, upload & build the new Crew Deal Memo as a Custom Form within your Company Library!*
- Then build and share a Special Packet that includes only the new Crew Deal Memo.
- *If this form is built within Company Forms, it will be available from the Builder within the category "[Company Name] Forms."
How to build and share a Special Packet:
Step 1. Build your Special Packet.
NOTE: If a Special Packet that contains the forms you need has already been built, skip to step 2.
- Go to Startwork Templates.
- Select "Special Packets."
- Select “Build a Special Packet." This will open the Builder.
- At the top left, under “Packet Name," enter an obvious name for your packet.
- Under "Insert Form(s)," select the category of documents you want to include in this packet.
- A second dropdown will appear. Select a form that you want to include in this packet.
- If you need to share a clean copy of the employee's entire original packet, select "[Project name] Templates," then choose the type of packet the employee originally received from the second dropdown. See: How to duplicate a packet
- Click "Insert." You will see the pages of the form populate as thumbnails.
- Click “Save and Exit” when you're done.
Step 2. Publish the Special Packet & share it with the employee.
- In Startwork Templates > Special Packets, click the orange "Publish" button to finalize the packet.
- Click the purple "Share" button that appears. This will take you to the Share screen.
- If your packet was already built and has been shared before, click "Share with more employees."
- On the Share screen, select the checkbox next to the employee's name.
- Click “Share.” You will see the employee's name move up to the list of employees that have received this packet.
- Once a Special Packet is shared, the employee receives an email notifying them to login at hellotim.com to review and submit the Special Packet.
NOTE: If the employee does not see the email (sometimes spam filters are super aggressive and don't let our system-generated emails in!), they can always go to hellotim.com and login to connect to their Startwork.
FYI: Within the Approval Pipeline, the Special Packet will appear as pending approval, just like any other packet. Notice that the name of the packet appears under the Employee's name and job title.