It is possible in TiM to share additional forms with employees, or to share clean copies of previously submitted forms or packets. In either case, you will need to build a Special Packet that contains the necessary form(s) and then share that Special Packet with the employee. See instructions below.
Common examples of this type of scenario:
An employee submits their Primary Startwork Packet, then needs to revise their W-4.
- Build and share a Special Packet that includes only the W-4.
NOTE: The W-4 is available as a pre-built TiM Template from the Builder within the category "Government Forms." See image below.
An employee submits their Primary Startwork Packet, then decides they want to opt in to Direct Deposit / requests a Direct Deposit form.
- Build and share a Special Packet that includes only the Direct Deposit form.*
*For Media Services clients only: The Media Services Direct Deposit form is available as a pre-built TiM Template from the Builder within the category "Payroll Forms." See image below.
You've already onboarded several employees, and then your Production Company releases an updated Crew Deal Memo.
- First, upload & build the new Crew Deal Memo as a Custom Form within your Company Library!*
- Then build and share a Special Packet that includes only the new Crew Deal Memo.
- *If this form is built within Company Forms, it will be available from the Builder within the category "[Company Name] Forms."
How to build and share a Special Packet:
Step 1. Build your Special Packet.
NOTE: If a Special Packet that contains the forms you need has already been built, skip to step 2.
- Go to Startwork Templates.
- Click the "Special Packets" tab.
- Click “Build a Special Packet”. This will take you to the Builder.
- At the top of the screen, within “Packet Name”, enter a name for your packet so you can identify what it is.
- In the "Build Packet" area, click "Select a category." A dropdown will appear. Select the category of documents you want to include in this packet.
- Once you select a category, a second dropdown will appear. From this dropdown, select the forms you want to include in this packet.
- If you need to share a clean copy of the employee's entire original packet, select "[Project name] Templates," then choose the type of packet the employee originally received from the second dropdown.
- Click "Insert". You will see the pages of the inserted document populate as thumbnails.
- Click “Save and Exit” when you're done building/testing this packet.
Step 2. Publish the Special Packet & share it with the employee.
- In Startwork Templates > Special Packets, click the orange "Publish" button to finalize the packet.
- Click the purple "Share" button that appears. This will take you to the Share screen.
- If your packet was already built and has been shared before, click "Share with more employees".
- On the Share screen, select the checkbox next to the employee's name.
- Click “Share”. You will see the employee's name move up to the list of employees that have received this packet.
- Once a Special Packet is shared, the employee receives an email notifying them to login at hellotim.com to review and submit the Special Packet.
NOTE: If the employee does not see the email (sometimes spam filters are super aggressive and don't let our system-generated emails in!), they can always go to hellotim.com and login to connect to their Startwork.
FYI: Within the Approval Pipeline, the Special Packet will appear as pending approval, just like any other packet. Notice that the name of the packet appears under the Employee's name and job title.