TiM offers a variety of commonly used forms as pre-built TiM Templates to help you build Packet Templates as quickly as possible. If necessary, you can customize most TiM Templates to meet your production's specific needs.
For guidance on customizing Templates and the tools available in the Builder, see: Building Startwork
Don't see the form you're looking for? TiM Template out of date?
Email a PDF of the form you need to firstname.lastname@example.org and our team can assist to build the form on your behalf!
Please note, TiM does not provide or build forms unique to your company.
Any forms that are unique to your production company (such as a Crew Deal Memo, NDA, Appearance Release, COI, etc.) can be uploaded and built by you! (In fact, this is the intention of TiM - to allow production teams to manage their own forms!)
For instructions, please see: How to upload & build Company Forms
How to find and use TiM Templates:
TiM Templates are found in the Builder, under "Insert Form(s)."
- Go to Startwork Templates or your Company Library.
- Depending on the status of your Template, click "Create" or "Create New Version" or "Edit" to open the Builder (give it a minute to load!).
- Under "Insert Form(s)," select the category of the form you would like to insert into a Packet Template (see list below).
- A second drop down will appear.
- Choose a specific form.
- Use the "Before/After... page #" selections to choose a position for this form.
- Click "Insert."
- You will see the page(s) of the form populate!
Pro Tip: Most TiM Templates can be edited or customized if necessary. It is a good idea to review all Smart Fields and Signature Fields to ensure the form you've inserted will populate as expected. You can use the Static Text Tool to apply unique information as necessary.
What forms are available as TiM Templates?
TiM Templates are organized into several categories, including:
- Government Forms
- State Withholding Forms
- Payroll Forms
- DGA Deal Memos
- Union Forms
- SAG Contracts
The government requires certain forms to be completed when an employee is hired. This might include federal as well as state-level forms.
The following are examples of Government Forms that are available as pre-built TiM Templates.
NOTE: State Withholding Forms are categorized in their own group. See below for more information.
- CA Paid Family Leave Notice
- CA WTPA & Sick Leave Notice
- California Film & Television Tax Credit Program Employment Diversity Tracking
- NYS WTPA
- NYC Notice of Employee Paid Safe & Sick Leave
- NYC Sexual Harassment Factsheet
- Seattle Notice of Employment Information
- Illinois DCEO Film Tax Credit Tracking Sheet
- Louisiana Declaration of Residency
- New Mexico Declaration of Residency Form
- Texas Residency Declaration Form DTR
- Voluntary EEO Identification Information
State Withholding Forms
In addition to the federal W-4, employees may need to complete a state-specific withholding form to collect state-level taxes.
NOTE: Not all states require a state withholding form. Contact your payroll provider or visit the state's department of labor website to confirm if the state in which your Project is working requires a withholding form.
- CA Employee Withholding Allowance Cert.
- NYS Employee's Withholding Allow. Certificate IT-2104
- Alabama Form A-4, Employee’s Withholding Tax Exemption Certificate
- Arizona Form A-4, Employee’s Withholding Election
- Arkansas Form AR4EC, State of Arkansas Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
- Connecticut Employee's Withholding Certificate Form CT-W4
- DC Withholding Allowance Certificate (D-4)
- Georgia Form G4 Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Hawaii Withholding Allowance and Status Certificate HW-4
- Idaho Form ID W-4 Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Illinois Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (IL-W-4)
- Indiana Form WH-4, Employee’s Withholding Exemption and County Status Certificate
- Iowa Form IA W-4, Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Kansas Form K-4, Kansas Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Kentucky Form K-4, Kentucky Department of Revenue Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
- Louisiana Employee Withholding Exemption Certificate (L-4)
- Maine Withholding Allowance Certificate Form W-4ME
- Maryland Employee's Withholding Exemption Certificate (MW507)
- Massachusetts Withholding Exemption Certificate (M-4)
- Michigan Form MI-W4, Employee’s Michigan Withholding Exemption Certificate
- Minnesota W-4MN, Minnesota Employee Withholding Allowance/Exemption Certificate
- Mississippi Employee's Withholding Exemption Certificate Form
- Missouri Form MO W-4, Employee’s Withholding Certificate
- Montana Form MW-4, Montana Employee’s Withholding Allowance and Exemption Certificate
- Nebraska W-4N, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
- New Jersey Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate Form NJ-W4
- North Carolina Form NC-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Ohio Form L-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Oklahoma Form OK-W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Oregon Form OR-W-4, Oregon Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Rhode Island RI W-4, State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Vermont Form W-4VT, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Virginia Personal Exemption Worksheet (VA-4)
- West Virginia Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate Form WV/IT-104
- Wisconsin Withholding Exemption Certificate W-204
TiM has a variety of payroll forms for different payroll companies available as pre-built TiM Templates. Commonly used types of payroll forms include:
- Start form
- Box/kit rental inventory
- Direct deposit form*
* If your Project is processing payroll with Media Services, Cast & Crew, or CAPS, employees can go to My Cast & Crew to register for direct deposit. Click here for instructions from the Cast & Crew Help Center on how to register for direct deposit.
Pro Tip: There is a pre-built memo regarding direct deposit for Cast & Crew, Media Services, and CAPS clients. In the builder, look under the category "Payroll Forms" -- the Template is named "Direct Deposit Memo - Cast & Crew, Media Services, and/or CAPS."
Union Forms (DGA Deal Memos, SAG-AFTRA Contracts, Dues Auth Forms, etc.)
Since union forms or contracts might be updated by a union at any time, for good measure we like to confirm that what we have in our system is up-to-date.
If you need union-specific forms included in your packets, please email a PDF of the form you need to email@example.com, and our team will cross-reference the TiM Templates in our system against the form provided by the union, to ensure you're distributing the most recent version of the form.
If what's in our system does not match what you've provided, the TiM Team will build the union-specific form on your behalf.