If Startwork is submitted by a crewmember, and you notice during your approval that additional text needs to be applied, a minor correction needs to be made, or an internal note needs to be added, you can use the "Add Text" tool just as if you were taking a pen and making those corrections on paper documents.
These notes will appear in blue font on the Startwork PDF to other Approvers or any recipients that the Startwork is sent to.
- Employees are not notified if Added Text is applied to Startwork.
- If Added Text is applied to Startwork, and then the packet is bounced back to the employee, the notes will be visible to the employee.
- Added Text will appear on Startwork PDFs sent to recipients from TiM.
How to use the Add Text tool:
- From the Approval Pipeline, click the "Review" button (for Gatkeepers) or the "Approve" button (for Upstream Approvers).
- Scroll through the Employment Details screen. At the bottom, select "Continue to Startwork."
- Select the thumbnail for the page that needs correction. Scroll down to view the page.
- At the top left, select "Add Text."
- A text entry field will appear on the document.
- Enter the text you need to appear on the document.
- Click and drag the text entry field to position the text where you need it to appear on the document.
- Pro Tip: If you need to cross out information, type "XXXXXXXX" followed by the corrected text, then position the field over the incorrect information. The X's will "cross out" the incorrect information.