When you sign up for TiM or view your Account Settings, you will notice that there are two types of email addresses you can add to your TiM Account: a Primary Email Address and two Alternate Email Addresses.
Please note, all email addresses listed in your Account Settings should be unique to you. Do not list communal email addresses in your Account Settings (for example: email@example.com).
Primary Email Address
Your Primary Email Address is the email address where you will receive all TiM-related email notifications, including:
- If you are invited to a new Project, you are notified via email.
- If production sends you additional Startwork to complete, you are notified via email.
- If your Employment Details change, you are notified via email.
- If you want to reset your password, the password reset link is sent to you via email.
- If you are an approver, you receive email notifications if Startwork is pending your approval.
If any TiM-related messages are sent to an Alternate Email Address, TiM will route the notification to land in your Primary Email Address Inbox.
Alternate Email Addresses
Alternate Email Addresses serve to funnel TiM-related messages to your TiM Account.
For example: If an Invite for a new Project is sent to one of your Alternate Email Addresses, TiM will know to connect the new Project to your TiM Account, however the email notification will be routed to your Primary Email Address.
Alternate Email Addresses are optional, but recommended if you use multiple emails.
- You can log in with either your Primary or Alternate Email Addresses.
- We recommend setting your Primary Email Address as an email that you will never lose access to. This will ensure you always receive TiM-related notifications.
- Why this is important: If you set your Primary Email as a production-provided address, and then that email address is de-activated when you move on to freelance on a new Project, you won't be able to receive password reset notifications.
- The email addresses listed in your Account Settings are not visible to anyone else but you!
- Your production-facing email address is the one listed in your Profile.