Note for Cast & Crew payroll clients only: Please ask Cast & Crew employees to utilize My Cast & Crew to register and activate their direct deposit via that self-service portal instead of submitting direct deposit forms with their startwork.
If an employee requests a direct deposit form, you can build a Special Packet that contains only that form,* and share it with the employee to submit.
An employee might request a direct deposit form if they skipped opting in to direct deposit, if they need to change their bank information, or if the form they previously submitted contained errors.
*For Media Services clients only: The Media Services direct deposit form is available as a pre-built TiM Template from the Builder within the category "Payroll Forms." See image below. Make sure to edit the "X" markup to specify "Change Account," instead of "New Agreement."
How to build and share a direct deposit form as a Special Packet:
Step 1. Build a Special Packet that contains only the direct deposit form.
- Go to Startwork Templates.
- Select "Special Packets."
- Select “Build a Special Packet.” This will open the Builder.
- At the top left, under “Packet Name”, enter an obvious name for your packet, such as "Direct Deposit form ONLY."
- Under "Insert Form(s)," select the category and type of form you need to insert.
- Click "Insert."
- Click “Save and Exit” when you're done building/testing this packet.
Step 2. Publish the Special Packet & share it with the employee.
- In Startwork Templates > Special Packets, click the orange "Publish" button to finalize the packet.
- Click the purple "Share" button that appears. This will take you to the Share screen.
- If your packet was already built and has been shared before, click "Share with more employees."
- On the Share screen, select the checkbox next to the employee's name.
- Click “Share.” You will see the employee's name move up to the list of employees that have received this packet.
- Once the Special Packet is shared, the employee receives an email notifying them to login at hellotim.com to review and submit the Special Packet.