If the employee's I-9 is verified but the rest of their Startwork is not yet Fully Approved, you can send an employee a fresh I-9 by deleting the employee's Invite and re-inviting them to the Project (see instructions below).
- Yes, this is essentially "starting over" with the employee, and means that the employee will need to re-submit their entire Startwork packet.
- Or, you can follow USCIS regulations to print and correct the I-9 outside of TiM.
If an employee's I-9 is verified and their Startwork is Fully Approved, you cannot modify the I-9 within TiM. Instead, follow USCIS regulations to print and correct the I-9 outside of TiM.
NOTE: There is a log of logic built into Form I-9 within TiM. Do not upload a PDF of Form I-9 as a Special Packet. Click here to learn why.
How to share a fresh I-9 by deleting an employee's Invite and re-inviting them to the Project:
NOTE: Steps 1-5 below can be completed by someone with "Approve Startwork as: Startwork Gatekeeper" Permissions. Steps 6-10 below can be completed by someone with "Invite/Manage" Permissions. You can complete all steps below if you have both "Approve Startwork as: Startwork Gatekeeper" and "Invite/Manage" Permissions.
If you do not see the Approval Pipeline, or do not see a blue "edit" button in Crew Management, you do not have access to complete this task. Reach out to your Production Contact for assistance.
- Go to the Approval Pipeline.
- Click the yellow "Review" button.
- Scroll down, select "Continue to Startwork."
- Select "Send back to Crewmember."
- You will be prompted to enter a Mandatory note.
- Enter something like, "Sending you a fresh I-9! please stand by!"
- Go to Crew Management.
- Click the blue "edit" button under the employee's name.
- Pro Tip: Take a screenshot of these Employment Details so you can reference them when you re-Invite.
- Scroll down, click "Delete Invite."
- NOTE: If you see "Remove Crewmember," this employee's Startwork is already Fully Approved. Do not click "Remove Crewmember." Removing an employee from a production does not delete or "shred" the employee's Startwork or clear the employee's record. Removing an employee from a production only removes that employee's access to that Project within TiM.
- Once the employee's record is cleared, from Crew Management click "Invite Crewmember" to start again.