In Film & TV production, account codes are used to classify and organize the lines of a budget.
In TiM, you can enter account codes so they appear on Startwork documents,* and so they can be included in reports exported from TiM.
*NOTE: Account codes are populated onto Startwork just like any other information in TiM, via Smart Fields. Account code Smart Fields are located in the Builder under "Accounting Fields." If your Template does not contain Account Code Smart Fields, there is no way for TiM to populate account code information onto Startwork documents.
The following types of account codes can be entered in TiM:
- Labor Account Code /AICP (Prep) #
- Occupational Code /AICP (Shoot) #
- Box Kit Rental
- Car Allowance
- Cell Allowance
- Computer Allowance
- Meal Allowance
- Living Allowance
- Production Fee
- Per Diem
Who has access to Account Codes in TiM?
People with Edit: Rate Guide/ Acct. Codes Permission who also have Invite/Manage Permission can enter account codes at the time of Invite, and edit account codes at any time from Crew Management by clicking "edit acct codes."
People with Approve Startwork as: Startwork Gatekeeper Permission can enter or edit account codes from the Gatekeeper review step.
People with Approve Startwork as: Production Accountant Permission can enter or edit account codes from the Production Accountant review step.
Anyone assigned to the Accounting Department who also have Invite/Manage Permission can enter account codes at the time of Invite, and edit account codes at any time from Crew Management by clicking "edit acct codes."
Important FYIs about editing account codes in TiM:
- Account codes can be edited at any time from Crew Management.
- Edits made to account codes will appear in real time on any packets pending approval at the time the edits were made.
- Edits made to account codes will not appear on packets that were previously Fully Approved.
- Reports exported from TiM will reflect the account code information that was in TiM at the time of export.