In TiM, an approval workflow is built in two steps: 1) Approval Signature Fields are added to Startwork Templates, and 2) corresponding Approval Permissions are granted to team members.
If you think you've set someone up to approve Startwork in TiM, but they claim they cannot approve Startwork, check two possible issues:
1. Has the person been granted the "Approve Startwork as: Line Producer (or UPM, etc.)" Permission?
- If an Approval Signature Field has been applied to a Packet Template, but no one has been granted the corresponding Permission, no one will be able to approve that Packet.
- Go to Crew Management and select "permissions" under the approver's name. Select the checkbox next to the proper Approval Permission, then click "Save."
2. Is there a Line Producer (or UPM, etc.) Approval Signature Field applied within any of your Startwork Templates?
- If an Approval Permission is granted, but the corresponding Approval Signature Field has not been applied within a Packet Template, that Permission will be inactive.
- Go to Startwork Templates, create a new version of your packet, and add the proper Approval Signature Field where a signature needs to appear throughout the Startwork Template.
- Once the new version is published, the approver will be able to approve any Startwork submitted going forward.
Once this issue is resolved, the Approver will be able to see the Approval Pipeline in their Project dashboard and will be able to Approve Startwork via their corresponding Approval column.
Read Next: How to approve Startwork in TiM
Please sign in to leave a comment.