For more information, see: What is a Startwork Gatekeeper?
How to review Startwork as Gatekeeper:
Once a packet is submitted by an employee and after their I-9 is verified (if applicable), Gatekeepers will see a yellow "Review" button in the Approval Pipeline.
- From the Project dashboard, select "Approval Pipeline."
- Select the yellow "Review" button.
- You are first shown the employee's Employment Details.
- If all Employment Details are correct, select "Continue to Startwork."
- If Employment Details need to be edited, select "Click here to edit Employment Details or send back a different packet" at the top of the screen.
- This will activate the Employment Details to allow you to make edits.
- Select "Send back to Crewmember" once your changes are complete.
- For detailed instructions, see: An employee submitted Startwork, but it's wrong. How do I correct it?
- When you select "Continue to Startwork," you are shown the employee's Startwork documents.
- The thumbnails highlighted in yellow indicate pages that require a Gatekeeper's Approval Signature.
- NOTE: If no thumbnails are highlighted, it means that a Gatekeeper Approval Signature Field has not been applied to packets, most likely because the Gatekeeper is expected to review packets only (not sign them).
- Select "I'm done reviewing this packet" to complete the review process.
Pro Tip: If necessary, Approvers can write internal notes on the Startwork packet using the Add Text tool. These notes will appear in blue font on the Startwork PDF to any upstream Approvers or anyone the Startwork is sent to. Employees are not notified if notes are added to Startwork, but if notes are applied and then the packet is bounced back to the employee, the notes will be visible to the employee.