The Standard Job Change Packet will be auto-matched to any employees who undergo a Job Change for any reason (such as an individual whose terms of employment change, an individual switching to a Loan-Out, a Non-Union employee flipping to Union, etc.).
Therefore, it is normal for a Standard Job Change Packet to include a mix of documents intended for different types of hires, because as long as Viewing Permissions have been applied to the pages of the packet, the packet will auto-filter based on the type of Job Change being initiated.
For more info, see: How to use Viewing Permissions when building a Job Change Packet
- If no Job Change Packet is built for a Project, the employee will not be successfully matched to a packet and you will see "No Packet Assigned!" in Crew Management. This is why it's important to build a Job Change Packet for your Project!
- Look under the category "Payroll Forms"! There are pre-built Job Change Packet Templates available for Media Services and Cast & Crew.
How to build a Standard Job Change Packet:
Step 1. Build a Company-level Standard Job Change Packet
It is best practice to create a Standard Job Change Packet at the Company level first, so it is ready to go when new Projects are created. This will save you from having to rebuild this packet every time you set up a new Project!
- From your Company dashboard, select "Company Library."
- Select "Standard Company Packets."
- Click "Create" next to "Job Change Packet." This will open the Builder.
- Under "Insert Form(s)," click "Select a category." A second dropdown menu will appear.
- Select the forms you would like to include in this Job Change Packet (reach out to your Payroll Company and confirm what forms they need to process a Job Change).
- Click "Insert". The document thumbnails will populate in the Builder area.
- Make sure all of the elements of your Job Change Packet are applied properly, especially your Viewing Permissions!
For guidance, see: How to use Viewing Permissions when building a Job Change Packet
- Click “Save and Exit” when you're done building this packet.
- Click "Publish" to finalize this packet and make the packet available to be inserted at the Project level.
Step 2. Insert your Job Change Packet at the Project level
- Enter the Project.
- Select "Startwork Templates."
- Click "Create" next to the Job Change Packet. This will open the Builder.
- Under "Insert Form(s)", select the category "[Company Name] Packets". A second drop down will appear.
- From the second drop down, select "Job Change Packet."
- Click "Insert".
- You will see the pages of your Company-level Job Change Packet populate as thumbnails.
- Double check to make sure all of the elements of your Job Change Packet are applied properly, especially your Viewing Permissions!
- Click "Save and Exit" to return to Startwork Templates.
- Click "Distribute" to finalize this packet and make this Job Change Packet available to be auto-matched to employees when a Job Change is initiated for them.