TiM Smart Fields tell the system where to place specific information within a document.
TiM will only know to place information where a Smart Field exists. If no Smart Field exists, no information will appear.
The information that populates into a Smart Field is unique to the recipient of the packet.
Smart Fields are named after the type of information that will be pre-populated into the field.
- If you need the Film Title to appear on your document, apply the "Project Name/ Picture Title" Smart Field.
Categories of Smart Fields
Personal Fields & Tax Fields
Personal Fields refers to the employee's personal information, such as their Full Name, Email Address, Phone Number, and Mailing Address.
Tax Fields refers to the employee's personal tax information, such as their Tax Address and State(s) of Residence.
Any text that pre-populates within Personal Fields or Tax Fields flows from an entry point completed by the employee, either within their Profile or at some point during the Startwork submission process.
NOTE: Bank Name, Bank Routing Number, Bank Account Number, and Bank Account Type Smart Fields should only be applied to a direct deposit form along with the Direct Deposit Viewing Permission, because information can only populate into these fields if an employee chooses to opt in to direct deposit.
Position Fields refers to Employment Details, such as an employee's Job Description, Rate, and Start Date.
Any text that pre-populates within Position Fields flows from an entry point completed by production on the Employment Details screen, either when an employee is Invited to complete Startwork, or when Employment Details are modified.
Production Fields & Employer of Record Fields
Production Fields refers to general Project information, such as the Project Name/Picture Title, Production Entity Name, and Production Office Address.
Employer of Record Fields refers to general information about a Project's EOR, such as the EOR/Payroll Entity Name, EOR Phone Number, and EOR Address.
Any text that pre-populates within Production Fields or Employer of Record Fields flows from an entry point completed by production on the Production Info screen, either when a Project is created or when Production Info is edited.
Accounting Fields refers to Account Codes, such as the Labor Code, Occ Code, or Allowance-related Codes.
Any text that pre-populates within Accounting Fields flows from an entry point completed by someone with Edit: Rate Guide/Acct. Codes Permission, either in the Accounting Codes area of the Employment Details screen or from Crew Management > "edit acct codes."
Loan-Out Fields refers to the employee's Loan-Out company information, such as the Loan-Out Company's Legal Name, Federal Tax Classification, and FEIN.
Any text that pre-populates within Loan-Out Fields flows from an entry point completed by the employee, either within their Profile or at some point during the Startwork submission process.
Loan-Out Smart Fields have a sub-setting where a field can be marked "Required for Loan-Outs."
If a field is selected as "Required for Loan-Outs," the field will only be required if an employee is indicated as being hired as a Loan-Out employee (IE: In an employee's Employment Details, the checkbox for "Select if crewmember is a Loan-Out" is selected - see image below).
If an employee who is not indicated as being hired as a Loan-Out (IE: The employee is being onboarded as an individual / in the employee's Employment Details, the checkbox for "Select if crewmember is a Loan-Out" is not selected) receives a packet that contains Smart Fields where "Required for Loan-Outs" is selected, the non-Loan-Out employee will not be required to enter information into the Smart Fields in order to submit the Startwork, and the Loan-Out Smart Fields will populate with "n/a" by default.
All Loan-Out Smart Fields are editable by the employee during submission.
NOTE: When building Startwork, Loan-Out Fields are only available in Company Forms, Standard Union and Non-Union Loan-Out Packets, and Special Packets. You will not see Loan-Out Fields available in Standard Union or Non-Union Packets (intended to be received by individuals), nor Job Change Packets.
To apply Smart Fields:
- Click the "+" next to the Smart Field. You will see the field appear on your document.
- Click and drag to position the field.
- Click and drag the gray triangle at the bottom right corner of the field to adjust the size of the field.
- Text will shrink to fit a field horizontally. Text does not wrap.
- We recommend making Smart Fields as wide as possible to ensure font size will not be shrunk too small.
- Hover your cursor over a field to reveal a gray bar with field-specific settings.
- You can choose to make fields Required or optional to be completed at the time of submission (select the checkbox to make a field Required).
- You can set a font size using the "+ / -" selections.
- Rate fields have more advanced field-specific settings, where you can determine if a certain Rate will appear for Weekly vs. Daily hires, Non-Exempt vs. Exempt hires, and Local vs. Distant hires.
- These field-specific settings are helpful if your document is formatted to list different types of rates in different places.
- If your document contains just one place to list all rates, you do not need to utilize the field-specific settings.
Loan-Out Smart Fields have a sub-setting where a field can be marked "Required for Loan-Outs." This makes the field required to be completed by employees indicated as being hired as Loan-Outs.
Please sign in to leave a comment.