Alternate Email Addresses serve to funnel TiM-related messages to your TiM Account.
For example: If an Invite for a new Project is sent to one of your Alternate Email Addresses, TiM will know to connect the new Project to your TiM Account, however the email notification will be routed to your Primary Email Address.
Alternate Email Addresses are optional, but recommended if you have multiple emails.
- You can log in with either your Primary or Alternate Email Addresses.
- We recommend setting your Primary Email Address as an email that you will never lose access to. This will ensure you always receive TiM-related notifications.
- Why this is important: If you set your Primary Email as a production-provided address, and then that email address is de-activated when you move on to freelance on a new Project, you won't be able to receive password reset notifications.
- The email addresses listed in your Account Settings are not visible to anyone else but you!
- Your production-facing email address is the one listed in your Profile.
Please note, all email addresses listed in your Account Settings should be unique to you. Do not list communal email addresses in your Account Settings (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
To update your TiM Account Settings:
- Go to the TiM Log In screen and log in using your current credentials (ie: your old email address).
- Once logged in, click the gear icon at the top right of your screen.
- NOTE: If you are using a mobile device, you will see three lines (AKA a 'hamburger') in the upper right of your screen instead of the gear icon.
- Select "Account Settings."
- Update your Primary Email Address to your preferred email address.
- Add any other email addresses you use, or have used, as Alternate Email Addresses.
- Click "Save Changes."