Any "Approve Startwork as" Permission allows a person to access the Approval Pipeline. People with these Permissions can only sign Startwork if a corresponding type of Signature Field has been applied within packet Templates.* For more information, see: How an approval workflow is created in TiM
The Approve Startwork as: Startwork Gatekeeper Permission allows a person to:
- Access the Approval Pipeline.
- Review packets when they are submitted.*
- Sign Startwork if a Gatekeeper Signature Field exists in a packet.*
- Export / Send Startwork to payroll and other recipients.
- Track the status of Startwork exported from TiM.
- Download Startwork.
- Edit account codes at the Gatekeeper review step.
- Edit Employment Details and bounce Startwork back to employees.
- See the status of Startwork as it moves through the approval process.
- View the contents of Startwork packets pending approval.
- View PDFs of verified I-9s and Fully Approved Startwork packets.
- View Employment Details for everyone connected to the Project.
- View the Audit History for each submitted packet.
- Edit Production Info.
*NOTE: In TiM, the approval process always starts with a Startwork Gatekeeper, even if a Gatekeeper Signature Field does not exist within the packet Template. For more information, see: What is a Startwork Gatekeeper?
In the Approval Pipeline, a Gatekeeper will see the yellow Gatekeeper column highlighted, yellow "Review" buttons which enables them to access Startwork in order to review it, export buttons which are used to export/ send tagged pages to payroll and other recipients, and the Batch History, which enables them to track the status of Startwork that has been sent to recipients.
At least one person on each Project should be assigned the Approve Startwork as: Startwork Gatekeeper Permission, so the first step of the approval process can be completed. Multiple people can be assigned this (and any!) Permission.